1. The list of krill fisheries available for notification can be found at https://www.ccamlr.org/fishery-notifications.
2. Find the intended krill fishery from the list and select Add Notification to submit a notification for this fishery.
For a krill fishery notification, Members must provide the details of each vessel being notified. Associated information described in CM 21-03, Annex 21-03/A is required for each vessel.
3. Select a vessel from the drop-down list under Member Vessel. If the relevant vessel is not listed, you can add a new vessel to the notification by selecting Add New Vessel.
4. Verify that the details of the vessel are accurate by selecting Verify Details. You will be taken to the web page for that vessel (opens in a new browser tab). To change any vessel details you will need to select the Create New Revision tab and update the vessel details as required. Click the Save button to ensure the changes are not discarded.
5. In addition to verifying the vessel details, the gear(s) used by the vessel for the notified fishery must also be verified/added. To do this, select the Fishing Gear tab where you will be able to add the different types of gear used by the vessel by clicking on Add Vessel Gear as shown below.
The trawl gear configuration includes specific net configuration details and allows for the upload of a net diagram and a mammal exclusion device diagram.
After adding the gear details press Save to return to the vessel information. After all gear has been added/verified you can close this browser tab and return to the notification.
6. For each vessel, add the details as required by CM 21-03, Annex 21-03/A, by selecting the Details for Conservation Measure 21-03. This opens up a number of fields in the online form for completion.
7. To add multiple vessels, select Add another vessel and follow steps 3 to 6.
8. Save the notification as a draft if you wish to return to it later by selecting the Save as Draft button at the bottom of the page. A notification that has been saved as a draft can be edited by selecting Edit Draft.
9. Once complete, submit the notification to the Secretariat by selecting the Submit Notification button.
10. Once a notification has been submitted, an email will be generated that will include the Notification ID and options for the payment of fishery notification fees.